Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Getting Fit The Right Way, For The Right Reasons


My friends and I are planning to hit the gym. I think we’re all gaining weight and starting to get conscious in some way – and I admit that. Before I used to wear spaghetti strapped tops and baby tees but now, hmmm. I know I can still carry myself well but I guess I want to look nicer and be more confident, looks-wise.

I hate to say and even think about dieting. I mean I love food. I love cooking and sometimes, pigging out with my friends. But this has to stop. I need to learn how to control what and how I eat and how to do it healthily both at the same time. But don’t get me wrong. No offense to anyone who has weight issues, but I am not fat. I just feel like I really don’t have any means of having myself healthy.

Last night I was watching Biggest Loser, and according to one of the trainers, it is not right to starve yourself if you are planning to lose weight. One must balance everything. Having proper exercise, eating healthy and being positive about life.

My friend and I visited a gym near their place. It’s quite cheap and talking about fit people, my friend and I got thrilled to work out seeing these fine looking guys. So, we’re like decided already and all but we’re still thinking when we’re going to start. I guess that’s the main problem, not just with me and my friend, but also other people who wants to start making a difference on their body and health. We all don’t know how to start.

I really think that this is very essential indeed. Simple questions as to when, where, how, and most importantly why. I know for a fact, once you got the answers to these questions, everything will go on just as smoothly as you want it to be.

Aside from getting fit by exercising and eating healthy, we are also planning to engage in interesting activities like joining a fun run, go mountain climbing and traveling. In fact, I think the main reason why we started thinking about getting fit is because of the trip to El Nido, Palawan on August. We all think it’s better to be healthy and sexy before we even go there. Maybe just at least level with the beautiful scenery of this place.


So, let me just answer the questions I left earlier...

When? I need to start as soon as possible. Monday next week?
Where? At the gym and at home.
How? By enrolling right away.
And most importantly, why? To look good not only for others but to look good deep within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment