Sunday, July 10, 2011

Scream of the Ghost Review




Last Friday, me and my boyfriend watched a movie in the cinemas after we had dinner. At that point, no other good movies were showing other than Transformers 3, which we’ve already watched, so we didn’t had any choice but to chose ‘Scream of the Ghost’.

I told my guy, maybe this movie is quite good because I have seen the trailer and it’s quite interesting. And he agreed with me. The movie is about a girl named Claire. She traveled with her boyfriend to her hometown in the woods in which her father Bill, younger sister Jen and old grandmother Nana is living. The Nana, (which I can say has this really creepy face in the movie) is about to pass away because of long-time illness. Then, she starts talking to Claire about a strange woman known as “The Banshee” that will take care of her after her death. Claire learns that the Banshee actually exists, and has to fight against this female ghost and the spirits who wants to damn the entire family.

I thought it was really creepy because the sound effects and scenery from the beginning is really daunting. But as the movie goes, it got boring and scary at the same time.

Effects are good. Especially the face of the ghost woman, the make-up, the actors and actresses were not that famous but it actually worked for the movie. The settings of the film was really scary. Just imagine you’re living in an old house like castle in the middle of the woods with only 3 people around. And the sound effects, man it was nice! Whenever the ghost screams, you’ll feel goose bumps!

But what dismayed me is the overall story of it. It lacked something. As the story goes, it seem to turn tasteless. The effects were still there and I still scream every now and then but the story itself goes to a series of unfortunate events which the writer didn’t even explain well as why it is happening. As to why creepy things started to happen. The ghost kills the characters. It was literally a ghost who has a big knife and will run after you and stab you to death. I mean, in reality, ghost would scare you off but maybe not bash you in the back.

My boyfriend actually jokingly laughed at me because I chose the movie. We had a very nice time though since we’re together. But money wise, I just hope we bought something else than watching this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment